Massage Therapy for Fibromyalgia
If you have Fibromyalgia,
Do you have widespread muscle pain, tenderness and fatigue? These chronic pain symptoms can make every simple task feel incredibly difficult. We know how exhausting fibromyalgia can be and were here to help you develop a plan to help treat your widespread muscle pain.
Massage Therapy & Movement Therapy Can Help!
At Optimal Wellness, we understand that fibromyalgia symptoms can be extremely uncomfortable and mentally exhausting and affect every aspect of your life. Our team of massage specialists are highly trained in treating fibromyalgia. We will help you develop a manageable plan to get you back to 100%.
Schedule a Treatment!
For Fibromyalgia, we recommend scheduling our Optimal Movement Assessment & Optimal Pain Management Massage.
Boulder & Longmont
Open Weekdays & Weekends
Causes of Fibromyalgia
Many researchers believe that repeated nerve stimulation causes the function of the brain and spinal cord of people with fibromyalgia to develop abnormalities . These abnormalities cause an increase in levels of certain chemicals in the brain that signal pain.
In addition, the brain’s pain receptors seem to develop a sort of memory or pattern of the pain and become sensitized and easily triggered, meaning they can overreact to events both painful and nonpainful.
There are likely many factors that lead to these changes, including:
- Genetics. Because fibromyalgia tends to run in families, there may be certain genetic mutations that may make you more susceptible to developing the disorder.
- Infections. Some illnesses appear to trigger or aggravate fibromyalgia.
- Physical or emotional events. Fibromyalgia can sometimes be triggered by a physical event, such as a car accident. Prolonged psychological trauma & stress may also trigger the condition.
Massage & Movement Therapy can help reduce or eliminate fibromyalgia symptoms by:
- Reducing the stress response in your body
- Increase mobility and body control
- Restore healthy tissue quality in both muscle and fascia
Why Choose Optimal Wellness?
Our specialists have had a lot of success with treating clients diagnosed with fibromyalgia. We will take the time to assess your movement patterns and help you determine the root cause of your pain. We will also explain what you can do on your own to help find relief and provide a home care routine to help get you feeling better.